"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Sunday, March 17, 2013

celebrating lives greatly full :: terry sancartier

I first met Terry a few years ago through my running community, my "crew".  Although he's part of the group that runs much faster and farther than me, his kindness and his gentleness really stood out to me.  As I've gotten to know him better, I can assuredly say that he is one of the most talented people I know.  Not only is he determined to run 50 marathons before he turns 50, he is also an amazing singer and an accomplished photographer.  I love how he sees the world!  Some of Terry's latest images can be seen in an exhibit entitled "Passages" at Resto Piz'za-za in the Hull sector of Gatineau.  I am thrilled to share his heartfelt gratitude here at the gratitude project!  Merci Terry...

 
I must say that I am grateful for many things. Having grown up in a poor family and having to get by with less has, I believe, made me more appreciative of what I have. From as far as I can remember, I have always kept a positive outlook on life.  For that I am grateful because it is the basis for all I do.

I am grateful for my persistence and for always wanting to better myself.

I am grateful for my singing voice as it is, among other things,  a wonderful way to communicate emotion to others.  

I am grateful for my talents in photography as I can show people how I see the world.  I am grateful that it opens up discussions with them.

I am grateful for my sense of humour and my gift of gab.  

I am grateful for being surrounded by amazing human beings.  

A divorce is never easy but I am grateful that in my case, fourteen years were not lost and I kept my friend and her family still welcomes me as one of their own.

For years I never thought I wanted kids let alone be with someone who had kids.  I am pleased that I changed my thinking on that and now I love three wonderful hearts who love me just as much in return.  I am truly grateful to have Geneviève, Raphaël and Miguel in my life.  My favorite moments (and there are many) is when we all cuddle up together Saturday mornings. It’s the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment