"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

daring greatly

"Wouldn't it be cool to find out what other people are grateful for?"

Frig.

This one little question just wouldn't let go. I was on a mid-winter vacation in Miami Beach, basking in gratitude for all the blessings in my life, and this simple thought popped into my head.

For reasons unknown to me, this thought migrated from my head to my heart and triggered the idea of the gratitude project. I have often had ideas and have done nothing to follow through on them. The perfect excuse would show up at the perfect time, and I'd go with that.

This time, the words "daring greatly" from Brene Brown danced in my heart... And a timely article on the value of failure asked me the question: "When was the last time you failed at something? What did you learn from the experience?" I knew I wanted to celebrate gratitude in some big way this year, but truth was that I was afraid my idea would flop. Big way = big flop. Big time.

But I reached out to a few trusted advisors and began to give voice to my idea. the gratitude project began to take shape... I began to grow in confidence and to welcome the opportunity to dare greatly. And so, here we are!

the gratitude project is a social engagement experiment that seeks to engage people in a conversation around gratitude. This blog is just the starting point: guest bloggers, featured resources, personal reflections... I invite you to join me and contribute in your own was as the experiment unfolds!

gratefully yours,
jag




No comments:

Post a Comment