"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Sunday, June 2, 2013

celebrating lives greatly full :: deb gleason

Deb Gleason is one of these inspiring women who left a traditional career (well, if you can call Homicide Detective "traditional" :-)) in order to follow her passion.  She is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, Vegan Lifestyle Coach and founder of Wellness Warrior Coaching.  She is one empowered woman, setting out to empower anyone who is ready to make significant changes in their life!  She is an advocate for a compassionate lifestyle, one that respects ALL beings.  I have learned a lot from Deb and am honoured to welcome her to *the gratitude project*!

The thing I am grateful for most is a moment of courage I experienced 13 years ago. This was the moment I woke up from my own human daydream to ask a simple and naïve question about where my food came from. It was this courage that allowed me to fully absorb the horrifying answer. Digesting the term ‘factory farming’ and it’s ugly definition was disheartening, disgusting and extremely painful. The choice to embrace a vegan lifestyle as a result of digesting that truth led me down a path I could never have anticipated, a path that has been so intensely rewarding and filled with unending moments of gratitude.

Today I love every moment of my work empowering others to find their own voices as they look at their dietary choices from a critical instead of passive perspective. Watching people change before my eyes as they embrace the power of a clean, vegan diet is something that will never cease to amaze me. The opportunity to see painful diseases halted, hear people talk about how they feel lighter, healthier, more whole and even more loving is so much more than I could have ever imagined 13 years ago.
 
For this I have unending gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment