"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

madeleine & teiko...

On the Tuesday evening of my cross-Canada train ride, I was seated with a lovely young lady and her grandparents. Madeleine is from Toronto and was taking this holiday prior to starting an intensive summer class. She will be entering grade 12 in the fall. I loved how easily she spent time with her grandparents - I often saw her in animated conversation with them at various times throughout the trip. She also seemed very comfortable interacting with fellow travellers of all ages. She struck me as someone who will confidently make her way in life.

Madeleine was very intrigued and interested in the idea of *the gratitude project: dare to be grateful*. Like many people, one of her first questions was: how did I come up with this?? :-) Not only did she take a few of the project cards, but she and her grandmother agreed to answer my question: what are you grateful for?

Grandmother Teiko: Health. Without that, we have nothing.

Madeleine: Grateful people - people who make the world a happier place.

(I suspect Madeleine will be one of these very people.)

Another lovely encounter on my gratitude train!

gratefully yours,
jag

No comments:

Post a Comment