"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Sunday, October 20, 2013

celebrating lives greatly full :: ray zahab...

Ray Zahab is one of these guys that you meet, and you hear his story and you think to yourself: "But... he seems so ordinary, like me - and yet, what he is doing is extraordinary!"  And he gives you permission to believe that YOU TOO can do the extraordinary. 

Following his pivotal experience of running 7500km across the Sahara Desert in 2006 (an achievement featured in the documentary: Running the Sahara), Ray founded impossible2Possible (i2P)in order to Inspire, Educate and Empower youth to make positive change in the world. 
 
I am thrilled that Ray took the time from his extremely busy schedule to respond to my invitation to participate in *the gratitude project: dare to be grateful*.  (In fact, he sent his responses from Rome, Italy, where he was delivering yet another inspirational talk at a TED Conference.)  Thanks so much Ray!
  
What PERSONAL QUALITY are you most grateful for, and why?
 
I am grateful for the willingness to continue learning - for the desire to learn from others and their experiences!

What FAILURE are you most grateful for, and why?
 
I am most grateful to have DNF'ed at a major ultramarathon many years ago. It taught me not to underestimate a challenge - not to think for one minute that I have everything figured out! 

What LIFE EXPERIENCE are you most grateful for, and why?
 
I am most grateful for two things. 1. meeting my wife. 2. Running 7500km across the Sahara and learning that we totally underestimate what we as humans are capable of. We all have the capacity to do amazing things in our lives... and never stop learning in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment