"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

the gratitude project assignment :: minseong... judy...

Our ongoing series of essays from Grade 8 students from Broadview Public School here in Ottawa.  I had the pleasure of meeting with Ms. Viner and Ms. Krochmalnek's classes just before our Canadian Thanksgiving, to talk to them about *the gratitude project: dare to be grateful*. (Read more about that here.) Students were then given an assignment to interview a friend or family member about what they were grateful for, and to submit a short essay based on that interview.   I will be publishing a selection of these essays here on the blog over the next couple of weeks.  You will want to read these.  Seriously. These kids rock.

(Read Julia's essay here.)

Now, introducing Minseong and Judy...

Interviewer:  Minseong K.
Interviewee: Tarik

Brief biography:  He is my French teacher.

I have known him for a 2 month now.
I choose him because he is a good guy talk to.

Question:  
What life experience are you most grateful for?

Answer: 
Learning how to cook

Reasons for his answer:
1. he got to learn about various cultures and discovered their food
2. he got a lot more creative then before
3. he thinks it is a great opportunity  to be a chef
4. HE LOVES COOKING!!!!

Conclusion:
Up on the responses, I think he loves cooking and I like cooking myself so I think he is cool with me and he is also a good cook because I have tasted his food before and I know that he works hard to be better and better so I think that is something that you can be grateful for...
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewer:  Judy S.
Interviewee: Ghada

This person is my mother; I have known her my entire life.
I chose her because she is my inspiration and idol.
An interesting fact about her is that she has a strong personality and determination.

Question:
What decision are you most grateful for?

Answer:
The decision I am most grateful for is leaving Lebanon to come to Canada.
I feel like my kids are safer.
Better education.
Cosmopolitan atmosphere.
 
Reflection:
I can’t agree more with my mother. Bringing us here to Canada was a great decision. I’m so grateful for her decision. The political situation in the Middle East is so bad. A war might erupt any time, which means we could have been in great danger and lack of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment