"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Sunday, December 22, 2013

celebrating lives greatly full :: joe rios...

I was first introduced to Joe Rios in the virtual world by a mutual friend.  Mike thought Joe & I would hit it off and that our synergy could somehow lead to great things.  I had the pleasure of meeting Joe in person just last month and I am honoured and humbled at the very thought!  Joe has an authentic enthusiasm and passion for many things - and his gratitude is infectious! The two passions that stand out in his public life are running and supporting great causes. This is particularly evident in his drive to run a marathon on each of the seven continents (4 down, 3 to go) and in the creation of a growing yearly event called Run 4 a Cause (#RUN4AC). 

I'm not sure Mike knew that 2014 would be my "year of the marathon" and that I intended to use this event to raise funds for a local charity, but I can't imagine anyone better than Joe to have on my "team"!  Whether or not our connection will lead to great things or not, only time will tell.  For today, I am thrilled to share Joe's personal sharing on gratitude as the end of 2013 draws near.  I look forward to seeing what great things 2014 will bring! 

You can follow Joe's adventures on THRIVEwithjoe.com...


Instead of completing a list of New Year's resolutions, my friends and I brainstormed a word that we wanted to feel all year long.  Without a doubt, for me “INSPIRED” has been abundant and prevalent in 2013.  A buffet of warm intentions, karmic energy and contagious enthusiasm was present at the table throughout this year’s races, travel, fitness classes, presentations, conversations and new challenges.
 
The result: feeling driven, motivated, and wanting to do more! 

The inspiration was magnified & elevated by those who I decided to surround myself with in these activities. Travelling this week with my family in the Hawaiian islands I learned a powerful word: OHANA, defined by the Hawaiians that we are all part of an extended family. My OHANA are genuine individuals that believe in my passions, push me to step outside my boundaries and champion me to succeed. The more this occurs, the more I am energized to do the same in return and hence creating a magical support system.

We all need one and I'm forever GRATEFUL for mine: GGT, Goodlife, Lemons, Team D, family & friends! The phenomenal part of my support system is that it's growing organically & effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment